LINKBLOG for October 31, 2007
- Building A Feed Reader: Episode One - Bits.Bytes.
- Glossary of Terms - Scott Sehlhorst
I was not aware how to use a glossary of terms in requirements gathering as described in this post, but it actually seems like a good idea
- The Web is Agreement - seen on Flickr
Looks like a mindmappy way of demonstrating how the intarnets look like
- Strategic Storytelling - Cultivate Greatness - Leadership Blog
On the art of storytelling to attract the public's attention when speeching
- IronXSLT v0.2 released - Oleg Tkachenko
- Embracing Languages Inside Languages - Jeff Atwood
' Embrace the idea of languages inside languages. In The Land of Strings, we speak regular expressions. In The Land of Data, we speak SQL '
- Embracing fluent interfaces - Ayende Rahien
Ayende's answer to Jeff
- Fluent Interfaces Allow a Higher Level of Abstraction - Ben Scheirman
Ben also joins the discussion on the language-in-language thing
- … In Which We Discuss Proprietary Object Noise - Rob Conery
Rob joins the language discussion with some clear meanings:
' The old saying of “I solved a problem using Regex - now I have two problems” is dead on ' Have to admit I still remember a collegue once refactored away some 20 well written, concise lines of code to a one-line regex. I can tell you that to me the 20 lines were easier to understand than the newly created monster. So: I think regexes really have their place, but don't overdo them...
- Important Notice: VS 2008 Beta2 VPC Images Expiring on Nov 1st - Scott Guthrie
In case you haven't heard yet
- Make sure your .NET applications perform - James Moore
' Improving the performance of your application often boils down to rephrasing the problem you are trying to solve '