LINKBLOG for December 18, 2007
- The Microsoft MVP Award - Jim Glass
Some explanation, just so you know.
- Get stuck in to Visual Studio 2008 - Tim Anderson
' Why has it taken Microsoft more than a year since the launch of Vista to deliver full developer support for the premier features of its latest operating system, whose features were unveiled four years ago? '
- Looking at the List (3 of 6 or 7) - Kathleen Dollard
' Here's the next set of annotation for the list of reasons your development is crazy. '
- Looking at the List (4 of 6 or 7) - Kathleen Dollard
And still more.
- Deep clean your build - Ade Miller
' My experience is that over time and in the presence of custom build steps the bin and obj directories accumulate stale files '
- [RowTest] for NUnit, File System Interfaces for unit testing - Roy Osherove
- Forrester study of metrics usage in application development - Anton Litvinenko
' (...) the 2 biggest obstacles of metrics collection are requirement of manual effort and unnaturalness '
- How to Videos: Short .NET Security programming videos - Robert Shelton
' How do I: - Prevent a Cross Site Request Forgery Security Flaw in an ASP.NET Application? - Encrypt My Web.Config File? - Use Discretionary Access Control Lists in Windows? '
- I am filled with solutions : Learn to “get traction” in your team - Dustin Andrews
' When you see how much influence you have you will be shocked ' via Iterate More, Plan Less - J.D. Meier
- Firefox Releases Quick Personas, Switch Skins on the Fly - Marshall Kirkpatrick
Idea. Seams nice.
- The Boo Language - Oren Eini
It's not 1.0 yet but ' Boo has been around for a number of years, and I have been using it for production for the last two years '
For the rest it seems like an angry language to me :-)
- Software Registration Keys - Jeff Atwood
Love them or hate them, but they have their time and place:
' Although computers have changed radically in the last thirty years, human behavior hasn't '